Airport Area Discounted Car Reservations Search
Tips for Renting a Discounted Car in
- Compare rates for major corporate (Avis, Hertz, National), major leisure (Alamo, Budget, Dollar) and secondary brands (Advantage, Enterprise, Fox, etc.).
Frequently you can save up to 70% by using an off-airport service. Granted, there may be a little bit of hassle with having to get the off-airport shuttle to the rental car company,
It pays to check if the secondary brands in
are located off-airport with the major brands, and if so try a secondary brand with little to no difference in rental experience.
- If you rent a car frequently in
join the major rental car companies frequent traveler programs such as Avis Wizard, Avis Preferred Service, Hertz #1 Club Gold, and National Emerald Club.
These programs are frequently free of charge through your frequent flyer program or if you sign up through your business for corporate rates.
These services allow you to pass the car rental counter and go directly to your pre-reserved rental car.
- Be cautious about purchasing the car rental company's insurance policies in
as in many cases either your frequent flier credit card or your own auto insurance policy will cover you while renting. Know the benefits you already have before renting a car.
But be certain that your other policies apply here in
to avoid driving uninsured. In many cases exotic cars, off road vehicles, and rental cars in some international locations are not covered.
- Car rental companies frequently offer you an option to pre-purchase a full tank of fuel. Generally this is not a good deal in
where off airport prices for gas are lower. You are normally better off taking the option to refill the tank
yourself, and then making sure to stop at a discount gas station to refill the rental car tank before ending your rental. Just be sure not to bring it back not full, as you will be charged an
excessive penalty by the car rental company here in
when you return to the car rental company with a non-full tank.
- Make sure to inspect the rental vehicle carefully before leaving the car rental lot. If there are any dents, scratches, or other damage be sure to either swap the car or have the rental contract
noted appropriately. Taking a car with damages and not noting them correctly in
can cause you many hassles later.
- Be sure to add all drivers to the rental contract. If you don't add a driver, and something bad happens, you will be left liable as you have voided the car rental contract in many cases.
- Enjoy the freedom near
of having a car at your disposal when on the road!
Directory of KKJ area hotel discounts